Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Quack open the votes

Yes, terrible title, I know. But the great news is that my e-zine, Eclecticism, has been nominated for a 2008 Tin Ducks Award, in the field of Best WA Fan Production. Not quite sure what I'm a fan of, besides great stories, poems and artwork (the original nomination ballots had Best WA Unpaid Production, which I'd thought was more appropriate, but the category was scrapped), but I can't express how wonderful it is for someone to actually nominate the e-zine at all. Thanks for the nod. And thanks again to all the wonderful contributors who've made the e-zine such fun to make.

For those who don't know, the Tin Duck Awards are "the annual Western Australian Science Fiction Foundation (WASFF) Achievement Awards for WA writers and artists. The awards will be presented at Swancon 33 “The State of the Art” to be held in Perth from March 20-24th." (information taken from the SwanCon website - see previous Tin Ducks link). So only those attending SwanCon can vote, and I say to them, if you want to big up the little guy...

Nah, there are so many great productions - I can't wait to see who wins.
If you're attending, say Hello at the awards night.

- Craig.

1 comment:

Shane Jiraiya Cummings said...

Congrats on the nomination, Craig!

(cool post title, by the way!)