Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Don't judge me (because I'll be judging you)

If you have not heard/received the marketing by now, I have been chosen as one of three judges to compile the shortlist for this year's Australian Shadows Awards, run by the Australian Horror Writers Association (AHWA).

Shane Jiraiya Cummings is the Director this year, and has made the extremely sensible move to split the awards into three categories - Short Fiction, Long Fiction, and Edited Publication. This ensures a novel is not competing with a short story, etc, which I found to be rather bizarre in the past (but hey, maybe that's just me).

I can't wait to compile the list - I've already begun reading, obviously. It's wonderful to see the amount of work Australian writers are trying hard to put out there.

No comments: